9 Ways to Start the School Year Off Right!
September 22, 2017
Back-to-school season has come and gone, but you might still find your family feeling a bit in between when it comes to getting on a set schedule. If your kids are having trouble sticking to a routine, getting their work done or finding time for all of those extracurriculars, these smart tips might help.
- Create a calendar. Instead of committing things like doctors appointments, practices and rehearsals to memory, get them on a physical calendar that everyone in the home can see.
- Eat healthy. It may be difficult to sit down together for a meal some nights, but making sure that your whole family is eating healthy will help everyone to feel more energized, concentrate in school and get a restful night's sleep.
- Communicate with each other. Staying connected will help you to learn how your family members are feeling, if the kids are stressed out and avoid confrontation.
- Lay out clothes ahead of time. Avoid the morning rush by laying out outfits, backpacks and other school supplies the night before.
- Stay social. Keep kids happy and healthy by planning regular play dates with their new school friends.
- Get them engaged. If your kids aren't very outgoing, joining a club or extracurricular activity may help them to make new friends.
- Talk to their teachers. Forge a relationship with your kids' teachers to stay in-the-know about their study habits and social skills.
- Get to bed early. A full night's sleep is important for everyone in the family, from the oldest to the youngest.
- Have fun! While it may seem overwhelming at times, it really helps to plan a fun family activity or a movie night to keep things lighthearted and fun.