Make Deployment Easier With These Sweet DIY Care Packages
January 25, 2017
When your loved one is deployed, it's hard not to wonder how he or she is doing. One of the best ways to raise spirits during deployment is by creating care packages for deployed troops full of essentials, tastes of home and even a few fun things to boost morale overseas. Here's what to include in a DIY care package to send to your deployed loved one.
- Favorite foods, such as chips, granola bars, candy and cereals
- Drinks that don't need refrigerated, such as Gatorade, protein powders, or Kool Aid
- Condiments, like ketchup, mustard and hot sauce
- Toiletries such as sunscreen, lotion and lip balm
- Shower essentials, like shampoo, soap and deoderant
- Books and magazines
- CDs and DVDs
- Socks and underwear
- Fresh T-shirts
- Games, like dominos, cards or board games
- Phone cards
Here are some other tips for sending off your completed care package:
- Pack everything securely and use padding for anything breakable, such as glass jars or electronics.
- Secure the box with sturdy tape made especially for packing.
- Learn how to fill out a customs form through UPS or USPS. Your package won't do its job if it never gets to its destination, so be sure to learn how to properly fill out the paperwork before sending it off!