Winter Family Nights In
January 16, 2017
Stuck inside due to snowy weather? No worries! Snow days can be fun as long as you have a bit of creativity and a few simple, common craft supplies to get you through. Here are a few fun ideas for winter family nights in.
- Make your own homemade popcorn seasonings for a movie night on the couch. From cheesy garlic to cinnamon sugar, these unique flavors will make your basic microwave popcorn much more exciting.
- Transform your home into a dance club by turning down the lights, cranking up the fun music and even breaking open some glow sticks. The kids will love to let loose and show off their best moves, and you'll love to see the smiles on everyone's faces!
- Create your own family tree and turn it into artwork. Use a site like Ancestry.com to teach your kids about your family history, and then sketch it out on a large sheet of paper and let them go to work painting and decorating the tree.
- Make up your own scavenger hunt with clues designed for your kids' ages. This is a great family activity because you can make it very challenging for older kids, or keep things pared down to one room for the little ones.
- On a chilly weekend morning, make breakfast more fun with a waffle bar. Set out a variety of toppings, from chocolate syrup to whipped cream and fresh fruit, and let your kids create their own waffles however they like.